Social media is a large frontier with a seemingly endless stream of information. Every day, millions of brands are trying to present their products and services to customers online — so it can get a little crowded.
Here are a couple of tips on how to make your brand stand out online:
- Know your target market – Before you attract your audience, you need to know what makes them click. Know their motivations, pain points, values, and online habits.
- Develop a channel strategy – Identify your primary channels for organic content and secondary channels for future growth. Familiarize yourself with each channel’s tools so you can maximize performance and engagement.
- Establish a clear brand identity – Online content is made of different moving parts but at the end of the day, people need to see your brand as one cohesive and memorable personality. Cement your recurring visual elements and tone of voice, and stick to it.
- Design your content strategy – Create content buckets that strike the balance between making customers aware about your brand and providing value to them.
- Amplify distribution – The online world is made of images and text, but it’s also made of numbers. Use data to get your content across to your target audience. Measure, refine and repeat.
The great thing about this fast-paced, hyper-connected world is how all brands can get a share of voice simply by getting the fundamentals right.